Please go to Indeed.com and search for Gainesville Animal Hospital
to see our current job openings.
We are excited that you are interested in joining our team!
Job Responsibilities for positions we often are hiring for are listed below:
- Full-Time and Part-Time receptionist needed for busy veterinary clinic(s).
- 3+ years of customer service or reception experience preferred.
- Must be able to work at multiple locations in Gainesville/Archer, FL.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- All applicants must have reliable transportation, pass a drug test and background check.
- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol
- Assist veterinarian in medical procedures using proper restraint; know how to restrain fractious patients
- Assist veterinarian in surgical procedures using proper aseptic technique
- Maintain and use medical equipment such as Abaxis machines and autoclave
- Perform routine laboratory procedures and analyses
- Prepare samples for outside laboratory analysis
- Monitor patients under anesthesia
- Induce anesthesia and intubate patient
- Administer treatments and injections following the instructions of a doctor or a treatment form
- Initiate emergency procedures
- Maintain pharmacy records, controlled drug, anesthesia, fecal, and heartworm test logs
- Take radiographs, export radiographs for analysis
- Take vital signs of animals including temperature, pulse, and respiration
- Perform dental cleanings and dental radiographs
- Perform and analyze skin and ear cytologies
- Perform intravenous catheterization
- Complete ear cleanings, nail trims, anal gland expression, and bathing
- Perform reception duties as needed
- Provide information and assist clients as needed
- Good client communication and telephone skills.
- Must effectively be able to read, speak, and write in English.
- Must have basic computer literacy skills and be able to handle multiple unrelated tasks simultaneously while working in a busy environment.
- Must also be able to lift 40 pounds, work on feet all day, and write legibly.
- Must be able to mop floors, vacuum floors with backpack vacuum, and upkeep grounds by using leaf blower. Must be able to bend to pick up trash, sticks, and feces.
- Must be customer service oriented and friendly.
- Professional appearance required, following uniform dress code, scrubs are to be worn at all times and are furnished by the employee.
- Must be able to work all assigned shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to attend Wednesday night staff meetings and Sunday additional trainings.
- Technician will be required to be at work when scheduled and be on time.
- Must be able to administer injections, perform venipuncture, take vital signs of animal, and properly restrain animals, including fractious pets, for examination and treatment.
- Technician must be able to give treatments/medications intravenously, orally, intramuscularly, and subcutaneously.
- Employee must be able to work well independently and in a group.
Gainesville and Archer Animal Hospital are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status