We are so excited that you are interested in joining our team!
Please answer the following questions and attach your resume. If you are selected, we will contact you for a follow-up interview.
Part-Time Kennel Technicians needed. Prior animal husbandry or technician experience preferred. Must be able to work at multiple locations in Gainesville, FL. Must be able to work weekends and holidays. All applicants must have reliable transportation, pass a drug test and background check.
- Clean and disinfect cages
- Feed, water and walk dogs
- Feed, water and change cat litter
- Administer medications
- Restrain animals for procedures, exams and grooming
- Perform grooming tasks including nail trims, baths, ear cleaning, etc.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1+ years in Animal Husbandry or Veterinary experience preferred
- Ability to work standing for extended periods
- Ability to work in environment with live animals/possible allergens
- Must effectively be able to read, speak, and write legibly in English.
- Must have basic computer literacy skills
- Must be able to handle multiple unrelated tasks simultaneously while working in a busy environment.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to mop floors, vacuum floors with backpack vacuum, and upkeep grounds by using leaf blower. Must be able to bend to pick up trash, sticks, and feces.
- Professional appearance required, all staff wear scrubs and closed-toe shoes.
- Must be able to work all assigned shifts, including weekends.
- Must be able to attend Wednesday night staff meetings and Sunday additional trainings.
- Must be able to work well independently and in a group.
Gainesville Animal Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
This Questionnaire is for: Veterinary Technician